Mayra Nadya

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Haekal Mikael

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday 4 March 2014

First appointment with Dr Avinash

Doctor Avinash. From Lee Clinic.

How did I know her?

Well...I came across some postings on Facebook Fanpages, mentioning about her as a very professional doctor who had got some women here in Brunei fell pregnant after so many years of waiting.

I even inboxed some of the women for clarification.

So my husband and I decided to pay her a visit one fine day.

On 03 February 2014, we went there around noon since both of us did not want to apply for leaves.
Yes !! Good thing is that this Dr Avinash is on duty from 8am till 4pm straight, every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at Gadong branch. Speaking about convenience !

At first, we decided to arrange for Sperm Analysis during our fist visit. But after I told her all my stories on my past miscarriages and when I told her I was yet to wait for my mensus to come (that day I was in Cycle Day 48 !!), as well as all the other symptoms I am now having, she suggested a transvaginal ultrasound to check on my reproductive organs.

Sorry I forgot to mention, after my last miscarriage, I gained 8kg as easy as a pie. My tummy looks like I am 6 months pregnant. Regardless my efforts to lose weight by consuming expensive shakes and drinks as well as controlling my diet, I turned out to gain more.

So doctor suspected i might have a PCOS (oh no!)

and the ultrasound confirmed it... HUHU......

Since my mensus was still not coming, she gave me NORCUTIN, to be consumed for 5 days. 2days after my last consumption I got my mensus on 10th February 2014. She also gave me CLOMID and DECAN to help me ovulate and get pregnant, to be consumed on the 2nd day of my mensus. I was put on 1000mg of METFORMIN too to treat my PCOS.

I was surprised when I googled that this METFORMIN is a drug meant to treat diabetes. But it can also treat PCOS, similar in my case. I found out so many women across the world got pregnant with METFORMIN alone. Some got pregnant (even with twins!) with the combination of METFORMIN and CLOMID. Well, if Im not mistaken, DECAN helps to deal with the side effects of all these drugs.

Total amount that we got charged by Lee Clinic on our first visit was $285.
Not bad... =p Hopefully all is worth it.

-Consultation
-Transvaginal Ultrasound
-Metformin
-Norcutin
-Clomid
-Decan
-Coenzyme Q10 (for dear hubby)

Total cost : $285

0 comments:

Post a Comment