Mayra Nadya

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Haekal Mikael

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday 13 February 2016

What happened before the delivery

On week 38, I went to RIPAS for my routine check. Dr Azmah, at that time, suggested to run an induction on week 39. According to her, there were no use to wait until 40 weeks term, coz week 39 is already considered as full term. Besides, I am on thyroid medication and due to my previous miscarriages, she advised so.

On week 38 day 6 (21st December 2015), I checked in and was admitted in Ward 32. First induction was made in the morning at 6.30am. No cervix opening. Second induction took place in the afternoon around 2pm, still no progress, zero dilation. Third induction was made on the next day at 7am, and still nothing.

The Indian doctor simply say "You are the right candidate for C-section", and I was like, what?? Can't I just wait for another few days coz maybe the baby was not ready yet. Err, no... Not possible... I cried coz I really wanted to experience the normal way of delivery. But it never happened. Not long after, a Chinese doctor went in to see me and we had a discussion about the C-section. So it was final. C-section to be carried out at 2pm (22nd December 2015).

The most annoying part before C-section was the catheter. One hand was attached to the IV drip, and one hand I have to use to carry the catheter. The holding part was not hard, the inserting part was horrible. And walking with the catheter on was damn, erm, not so comfortable. I whined and complained to a nurse, but it was just the way it was, a standard procedure applied to all C-section candidates.

I was put on the bed and pushed to the main operation theater. Long story short, the experience itself was so unnerving. I was put under spinal anesthetic, not epidural. The difference is that, with epidural, the bius dosage can be adjusted and will be off after the surgery. With spinal, we have to lie down for another 24 hours after the surgery, imagine, you cant move but you have to get and feed your baby who was kept right next to you inside her cot, I couldnt reach her !!! And my husband nor my mother were not allowed to stay in to provide a helping hand. They can only stay in with me if I checked in into a private room (first class room) which will be given once I have learnt how to walk and after I have farted (funny, but there's a reason why). I was not allowed to eat until I farted, damn I have not eaten for more than 40 hours since the night before my third induction (candidates were asked to fast few hours before the surgery so I was not allowed to take my breakfast on 22nd December). If I remember correctly I only ate in the evening on 23rd December, my last meal was on 21st December at 9pm. Crazy! Yet I have not farted but I had to eat coz I was damn hungry! Oh to those of you yang kan kana operate, make sure to drink prune juice after surgery, it helped a lot to avoid unnecessary additional pain !!

When they did the spinal, I felt a bolt of thunder went down my right leg, and according to the practitioner, it was completely normal. Painful I tell you! Then bermulalah episod tarik menarik di bahagian perut. I could not feel the pain, but I could feel the pulling pressure. My lower body was numb. My hands were shaking, I felt really cold. The Indian doctor who did the spinal stood right beside me, he was really sweet, he told me what to expect, and what to feel. He tried to soothe me, and it was of a great help.

Suddenly, my tummy felt lighter, but still no sign of baby. I asked the nurse what happened. She told me that the umbilical cord wrapped my baby's neck twice, and left a blue mark on her neck. Nda lama atu, I heard her cry. OMG. The most beautiful sound on earth! Her cry was so beautiful, for me lah huhu... I could not wait to see her face!!! and when I did, I kissed her and cry!!! This is the baby whom we have waited for almost 3 years after 4 miscarriages !!!

The baby was brought out to see my husband, her grandmas, grandpas. I were sent to the recovery unit. There, they checked my blood pressure. At first it was really low, coz I was shaking, trembling, kajar2 due to the anesthetic. I felt so cold I wish they could cover me with dozens of blanket. It took about 5 minutes to get my normal blood pressure back and later on being brought to Ward 33 to settle down.

My husband and my MIL came in around 5pm (baby was born at 3.10pm), see how strict they were??? But it was good coz I could have my good rest before receiving any visitors.

Mayra Nadya Izzara was born on 22nd December 2015, at 3.10pm, weigh 2.65 kg, same birthday like her maternal grandpa a.k.a my dad :) ;'D

0 comments:

Post a Comment