Mayra Nadya

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Haekal Mikael

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday 20 February 2016

Breastfeeding in Public? Err...

We went to Airport mall the other day to buy some new dresses for our baby. I made sure she was full before we left. Little did we know she needed more oz to doze off. She cried and cried and cried frantically and thr people near us looked disgusted. Thanks, but it's not helping.

On a first thought we were about to return to the basement where we parked our car and feed our baby, but we met a cousin along the way who taught us how to carry a crying baby. It worked I swear! But not for long. A hungry baby is a hungry baby, nothing can stop her from screaming unless her mouth is filled with nipple. Sigh. So we changed our mind. We stopped by at a restaurant to feed the baby with a bottle, besides we were hungry as well.

4oz. Finished. She still cried. Oh no...!!

Shall I take out my nursing cover? I thought to myself. People were giving us asshole faces coz her crying interrupted their peace. Spent almost half an hour to soothe her to sleep, didn't work. A hungry baby is a hungry baby. Period.

Furiously, I went to the basement. Gave her milk, but she still cried. Ohhh maybe the diaper has to be changed, or so I thought. Went to the back of the car and get her diaper changed. Still crying. Loud... I guess somebody must have thought someone must have thrown a baby in the basement. Emm...so stressful. I lost my being. I screamed along with the baby. Only mothers know this feeling... It's terrible!

Luckily, she decided to take the boobs and get her tummy filled and slept. So I went back upstairs to resume my meal. She remained silent, thank god!

Breastfeeding campaign goes wild in hospitals and clinics, but not ALL BUILDINGS provide a nursing room. I never had fed my baby in the toilet, never had to. Im sure some of you mommas have done that before. Poor you..

I saw some ladies use their nursing cover to breastfeed their hungry babies in public, and that includes my SIL? HOW ON EARTH DID THEY DO THAT?? Living in this conservative country makes it hard to accomplish that milestone, at least for me...

People throw faces at us when the baby was crying. Sad. I wonder if this is normal..

For the sake of my baby, I need to find this courage, and then I do not know how and where to start........


0 comments:

Post a Comment